Migas

This is kinda like a mexican style frittata.  I have some beautiful veggies from my brothers garden and leftover corn tortillas, so migas for dinner.  This meal is vegetarian though could easily be made vegan by substituting the cheese and eggs for tofu.

I'm so lucky to have family with awesome gardens.  I'm making a lot of mexican style meals this week and things with potatoes because that's what I have.  I try to do my best to spend as little as possible to keep us on budget and find ways to use up what we have.

So, all the veggies for this dish we from the garden and I added herbs from my herb pot. And the eggs are from my mother in-law.  Those are the only eggs we use.

This is a simple yummy meal for breakfast or dinner.  I served the migas with a side of fried potatoes with herbs, and some salsa, and sour cream.  Also, I dice stuff really small because I have a one year old, but you don't have to do so.

Serves 3  Adjust amounts for your family

Ingredients:
4 corn tortillas cut into strips
1 serano pepper seeded, stemmed and diced
1 tiny red onion diced
1 half of a small white onion diced
2 small tomatoes diced
4 beaten eggs
1/2 cup or less of cheddar cheese
a little olive oil for pan
salt and pepper to taste
juice of half lime (optional)
chopped cilantro (optional)

Cut torillas in half and then in strips. Fry until golden.
Add pepper and onions for about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes for another 2 minutes.
Add in your beaten eggs and just when they're about set, top with how much cheese you want.
Cover until cheese is melted, sever hot

It's yummy and easy, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment