Vegan Chocolate Caramel Nice Cream Sundae







Want to make your kids or yourself a treat you can feel good serving?  Well, this would do it!

It's healthy, fast, and most of all simple.  Anyone with a blender/food processor can do this.  I have basic quality equipment, no vitamix over here.  And they work perfect for this! 






So, okay does the caramel taste just like "real" caramel? No, but it tastes great and if you care about being healthy, why not give it a try!  The caramel is made from dates, and the nice cream is bananas!  The consistency is just like ice cream!  Its amazing. When you see your bananas are getting ripe and don't know if you'll be using them, just break them into chunks and freeze.  We've been doing this for awhile, so I thought I would share.  My kids and husband love it!  This is just one of the many ways you can make this tasty treat!



 

We've even had this for breakfast!


                                             Once the Nice Cream is all done!


Ingredients:

Nice Cream:

2 or 3 frozen sliced bananas (3 was too many for us to finish)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbl cocoa powder
1 tbl tahini (you can use any nut butter, or exclude this, but I highly recommend it

Caramel

15 Medjool Dates soaked overnight
1/4 cup to 1 cup boiling water
crack of pink salt
1 tsp vanilla


Method:

Make the caramel first so your nice cream doesn't melt.  Put all ingredients into blender, except water.  Add 1/4 cup and blend.  Check consistency and taste and add a little water at a time until still thick but not too much.  This part is personal preference.  I think I added about a 1/2 cup. And that's it!

Next add frozen bananas to food processor.  Turn on and watch the magic.  After about a minute your bananas will become ice cream!! Once that happens, add the remaining ingredients and process again.  That's it!
Then, I just layered them into a glass!  So easy, and fun!  My daughter loves to help, and to the kids it's ice cream!  They will love it, and love that they can make it.
I have a bit of caramel leftover, and I'm hoping to create something with that!  Let me know if you try it!.



No comments:

Post a Comment