Quick Healthy Vegan Banana Pancakes (no sugar, no oil)

Here we go again on Pancakes and Such!  Just kidding, but obviously I've got a problem.  There has been the carrot cake , the chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream cheese , chocolate chip oatmeal , and blueberry pineapple .  What other kind of pancake creations should I make?

Super tasty and quick!  Great breakfast for kids or anyone who loves pancakes, but wants to enjoy a healthy guilt free version!


My three year old always wants her pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse, with syrup on the side.



These are really easy to make you just need a coffee grinder.  Which I've recommended before.  It's a great kitchen tool to have for stuff like this.  Plus, it's small and probably cheap.  Alternatively you can also use a blender, but I really like the convenience of the grinder.  Also, my three year old can use it and help me in the kitchen, which always makes us both happy.  No sugar and oil might not sound too good, but a ripe banana is filled with different types of sugar.  It will be plenty sweet. I just happened to make these without oil, and they taste great and stayed together fine.  

Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

2 ripe banana
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup rolled oats (gf if you want them gf)
1/2 cup raw cashews (or any other raw nuts, or more oats)
crack of pink salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup to 1 cup almond milk (I usually just pour until I get the consistency i want)




                                                         Baby also digs pancake mornings





Method:

Mash up banana in a medium bowl.  Add vanilla, and lemon juice, and stir.  Grind up oats and cashews and add them. Add the remaining dry ingredients.  Slowing add milk and stir until you get the consistency you want.

Cook on medium heat in an oiled pan.  I used canola oil because that's what I have.  I like using unrefined extra virgin organic coconut oil best.  Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn golden brown.  Then I put vegan Earth Balance butter on them and usually some peanut or almond butter and of course pure maple syrup. Eat!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa, I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  2. I've made these now a few times; they are a favorite. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm so happy you have enjoyed them!!

      Delete