Vegan Quinoa Pizza Bites





Super tasty and easy and awesome!

I got this recipe from Chocolatecoveredkatie.com , her site is amazing for treats and a few good non dessert recipes as well.  Here is the link for the original recipe and I will tell you how I made it a little different, since it's impossible for me to follow a recipe.  




After Baking                                                                    Before baking





The awesome cheese I used, and had a bunch leftover.  And I stuffed as much in there as I could!




Before the cheese.  I stuck the cookie sheet in the fridge for an hour before I stuffed and baked them (optional)



Things you need:

Cookie Sheet
Parchment
1/2 cup dry quinoa cooked
1 1/2 cup beans (i used white beans, cause that's what I had)
Any spices you like for example: oregano, rosemary, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper
Tiny little can of tomato paste
Vegan cheese (daiya mozzarella)
For the full recipe click here...  

Method:

Preheat oven 350

Cook Quinoa, and while this is cooking, put beans into a large bowl.  Smash beans as well as you can, and cooked quionoa and all other ingredients except cheese.  Mix it up and place as many tablespoon sized bites on a parchment lined cookie sheet as you can.  I think I got 14.  Then, I stuck it in the fridge for an hour or so.  This step isn't necessary I just wasn't ready to make dinner yet, however it may help hold them together.  Then, I put some cheese in a bowl so it was easier to get to and just opened them up and stuffed as much cheese in the middle as I could and then tried my best to seal them back up.  I probably got around a teaspoon in each one, and then I sprinkled some on top just cause.  Then bake for 30 minutes, and I broiled them for the last 3.  Done!

Do it! Kids and hubby approved, no one could tell the cheese was vegan and mine made a full sheet of good sized pizza bites, with leftovers!  Great simple, versatile recipe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment