Low Fodmap Pancakes Vegan and Awesome!


These pictures were not good, but I wanted to quickly post this.  I made these this morning because after doing some extensive research I've decided to start a low Fodmap diet.

You may have seen this around the internet or maybe not.  Here is a good definition of what a Fodmap diet means.  Your basically eliminating certain types of complex sugars found in lots of food.

This is supposed to help someone with stomach issues in a range of severities. So, I'm going to try my best to be strict to this for 2 weeks or so and see how I feel.

This will be kind of difficult since some of my favorite fruits and veggies and nuts are on the no no list.  But I think anything can be done for a short amount of time, but we shall see.

I've seen a few different Fodmap food charts, this is the one I liked the best.  I've seen some different information here and there, but it's still being tested and there's also still a lot of food that is unknown.


So, this morning I made these pancakes that are supposedly Fodmap diet safe!


Serves 3
Ingredients:

1 ripe banana mashed
1 tbl oil
1 tsp vanilla
juice from 1 cutie or lemon would work
3/4 cup rolled oats ground
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of pink salt
up to a cup of unsweetened coconut milk

Method:

Mash banana in medium bowl with juice from orange, vanilla, and oil. Mix.  Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir.  Slowly add milk until you get the consistency you want.

Cook in virgin unrefined coconut oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.  I then topped mine with vegan butter, peanut butter, and maple syrup!

Let me know if you like this, and want to see more Fodmap friendly recipes!










No comments:

Post a Comment