Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes



So, the title alone may give you an idea of how yummy this might be.  I was so excited to make these this morning, and I must say have made them like 3 times in the last week or so.  I'm kind of addicted to making these pancakes and changing the ingredients slightly to see what's best.  

This recipe is adapted from www.minimalistbaker.com 

Enjoy!!








My husband was all concerned cause he thought the banana in these pancakes would ruin it, but you can barely taste it.  The oatmeal makes them very thick and combined with the chocolate chips....just super yum!






These really don't need syrup, but I couldn't resist!


Makes 4-6 pancakes
Preheat large skillet to medium heat with 1 tbl spoon of veg or canola oil

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana 
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp vinegar ( I used apple cider)
pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla (or other extract, ive been using Frangelico)
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
6 tblspoons of vanilla almond milk; unsweetened
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 tblspoons bittersweet choc chips; dairy free

Method:

In a large bowl, smash up banana well with baking powder
add vinegar, oil, salt, vanilla, and milk and stir
stir in oats and flour until just combined
fold in choc chips

Use a 1/4 cup to scoop onto skillet.  Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side

You can add some maple or agave syrup to the batter if you like, this time I didn't and it was still awesome!
I also added a few choc chips on top before serving.

Hope you like!








No comments:

Post a Comment