Baby Food Ideas and Cloth Diapers




This is me and my angel, Daphne when she was just born.  Anyone who is about to be a mom or will be a mom at some point, I encourage you to make the decision to breastfeed.  Do a lot of research beforehand ( I even watched videos) and prepare yourself, it makes things easier if you have the idea set in your head that there is no other way to feed and nourish your precious child.

It's not weird, or gross, it's a beautiful experience, that I hope you do as long as you can stand it.  At least a year.  Daphne is now 16 months old and we are still going.





 I'm slowing cutting her back to nursing just before naps and bedtime, and sometimes in between.  She's teething really bad so I've been letting her nurse a little more.  I nursed her with in 30 minutes of being born, and never put a schedule on feeding her.  I have until lately, just fed her when she needed it.  Tiny babies want to nurse even when they aren't hungry for the comfort, and I believe giving infants what they want now makes them more confident and secure in the future.

I'm not an expert, but I've done a lot of research, as I usually do with most important things.  So, if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to give you my feelings, and opinions.I just feel that nursing your child is the most important first step in their precious life, as well as being healthy yourself of course.

Baby Food






Making your own baby food can be soo easy!  At first, babies hardly eat anything.  And as fun as it may be, try to hold off on feeding your little one until at least 6 months.  You can wait even until a year if you like.  Every mom may feel different.  As long as your giving your little one some homemade fruits, veggies, and grains it all good!

The first thing Daphne ate was some mashed up avocado with a lot of breast milk.  She loves food, and will eat almost anything.  She is a vegetarian as well, and I hope she makes the choice later on to stay that way.

So, start with simple one ingredient foods.  Start with yellow and green fruits and veggies like; banana, avocado, pears are great.  Once they start eating more ; apples, carrots and so on.  Then you can mix them once they eat them without a reaction 4 or 5 times.  We did a lot of homemade apple sauce with different mix ins.  Apples go with so much; like carrots, beets, and any fruit.  There are also, tons of great sites for baby food.  Did I mention you'll save a ton of Money!  And no preservatives, just all natural goodness.
Once your babe is eating regular, make a big batch and freeze in ice cube trays for up to a month.  Just pop out a couple the night before and your all ready for the whole day.  Okay, okay you get the point.

Here's some good sites for baby food ideas!

 http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/

http://www.vegansociety.com/lifestyle/food/recipes/


Cloth Diapers


Check out these sites for some awesome deals on cloth diapers!
http://thegreennursery.com/cloth-diapers.html

http://www.modernnaturalbaby.com/

www.diapers.com

I highly recommend looking into and researching cloth diapering.  My husband just thanked me yesterday for talking him into the idea because we have saved hundreds of dollars.  My sister in-law told me I should have saved receipts to show how much we saved, and I wish I would have.  We started in January and it cost about 2 months or so worth of diapers to get everything we needed to do laundry about every 2 days.  We are on a really tight budget and sometimes we can't even pay all of our bills, so we I'm so happy we did this when we had a chunk of money to get started.  I looked into a lot of brands and we have two different kinds.

We use CharlieBanana and Flip Diapers

Can be hard, but all good things are a difficult at times!

Give it a try, also my little one looks awful cute her cloth dipes!!


Playing dress up and spin dancing.

She's a rascal!

Again, if any moms have questions or concerns, please ask.



No comments:

Post a Comment