Tomato and Corn Gazpacho

So, this is my first time eating or preparing a cold soup.  I really liked it, and my hubby like it also.  However, next time I make it I will use a little less water so it is slightly thicker and maybe more olive oil .  I got this recipe from Good Morning America when they had Carol Alt on.  She just did a raw book called Easy Sexy Raw.  A great refreshing summer soup, I highly recommend, and very easy.  It would be a great appetizer for a dinner party or main course.

I got some beautiful veggies from my brothers garden and decided to saute up some zucchini he gave me also.  I also used a little tomato and some garlic of his.  This is what the baby and I had for lunch.

I just used a little olive oil and some vegan butter for the zucchini.


Serves 2-4
Ingredients:
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
2 large tomatoes; seeded and roughly chopped
1 cup of water or less
2 tbl spoons of cold pressed olive oil and more for drizzling
1 garlic clove
dash of salt
dash of fresh pepper
1 tsp of lime zest
2 tbl spoons of lime juice; about 1 lime
1/4 cup of chopped basil plus leaves for garnish


This is so easy, did I mention that.
Just throw everything in the blender.  That's it

Pour into bowls and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with basil leaves.

Simple and delish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment