Vanilla Ginger Cupcakes With Lime Glaze

So, I had some ginger and I didn't want it to go to waste so I came up with these yummy vegan treats!
All baking I do is vegan and most things I cook are as well. 


Anyway,  these are easy and yummy! Make sure you fill the cupcake tin evenly.  They rise a lot, but that's okay!

I would say I had about an inch or so piece of fresh ginger. You just have to peel and grate.  It's easiest to grate in a food processor.  Just remove any chunks after that didn't get chopped.



Ingredients:

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup grated fresh ginger (if there's more that's ok, I wouldn't use less though.  Grate in food processor)
3 tsp vanilla
2 tbl spoons of vegetable oil
zest from 1 lime
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 cup vanilla almond milk

Method:
Preheat oven to 350
add flours, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon to large mixing bowl. Stir together. Grate your ginger and add to bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.  Use a silicone spatula to mix gently, but completely.

Line cupcake tin with baking cups or spray with a non stick spray.
Fill all cupcake holders evenly about two thirds full or less, these rise a lot.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely


Lime Glaze

Ingredients:
juice from 1 juicy lime
1 tsp vanilla
9 Tbl spoons of powder sugar

Method:
In a small bowl add lime and vanilla; stir together
Add sugar and few tbl spoons at a time and wisk together.
It will get thicken once you have added all the sugar


Using a butter knife cut a slit in to every cupcake about half way through.  Doing this will allow the glaze to fall into the center of the cupcake, which makes for a tasty surprise!  Spoon the glaze generously over each cupcake.
The longer they sit, the better it absorbs and the better they taste!!
Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. I TRIED THESE AND THEY ARE AWESOME. WHAT A CLEVER IDEA WITH GINGER. I AM NOT A VEGAN BUT I WOULD EAT THESE ANY TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete